Monday, June 6, 2011

Dam-to-Dam 2011

Jamie and I partook in our 3rd year of Dam-to-Dam. This year wasn't rainy like last but we did have the humidity to deal with. Plus I am trying to make excuses for my time. And I can't blame the humidity because Jamie improved her time. So for the 12.44 miles I had a time of 1:44:06, pace of 8:23. Jamie with an improved time of 1:52:23, 9:03 pace.


So I do like running and enjoy competing be here are a few things that went through my mind during the 12.44 miles.

1. I want to walk (2 miles into the race)

2. Why did I sign-up

3. I wonder if I get a ride on that guys bike and he can drop me off farther up

4. Gross a snake

5. I want to walk

6. I can tell my family I injured myself so i can walk

7. I can pass this person....nope I can't

8. If you walk you better do in on a hill

That just gives you an idea of the mental challenge of long runs. Glad we did it....glad it's over :)



No comments: